28 Jan How to Select Best Yoga Teacher Training Institute in India
So, you have decided to become a yoga teacher, that’s pretty amazing. I believe becoming a Yoga Teacher is the Most noble thing you can ever do. This something which will be beneficial and life transforming for you as well as for others.
Now the next thing which needs your urgent attention is which school to choose for your training? I mean this is no joke, there are so many different schools of yoga offering varied programs. You are literally going to invest your time and money in the program, would it be worth?
This is the post where you’ll be able to make an informed decision. First and foremost understand that Yoga is a thousand years old discipline that has been originated from the Vedic system which has been developed and nurtured by our sages and handed to the present generation by word of mouth by ancient rishis. In India, it has been preserved in its classical form at The Yoga Institute, Santacruz.
Here are five pointer which will help you choose the program that is most beneficial for you:
- The history of the Yoga School makes all the difference. There are some companies that have been around forever, doing teacher trainings for years, and that have extensive experience delivering very strong programs.
The Yoga Institute, Santacruz was founded in 1918 by Shri Yogendraji, and is the oldest centre of yoga in the world. Shri Yogendraji believed that yoga institute was not meant exclusively for bearded men living in the mountains, and he wanted to bring it to householders—the men and women. He wanted to bring it to people living in the town and the city because he believed that the householder could benefit immensely from this knowledge. Shri Yogendraji is known as the Father of Modern Yoga Renaissance. One of the most beautiful and serene branch of The Yoga Institute is located on the Chorao Island in Goa, which offers the same authentic yoga experience by the Experienced teachers from the Main Institute but at an exotic Island atmosphere where one can rediscover the self.
- The accreditation or recognition of the Certificate is local or national or international. The value of the Certificate will make all the difference in shaping your future. There is a great career scope for Yoga professionals not only in India but also in abroad.
Accreditation by Ministry of Ayush given to Yoga Schools is of the Highest value in India. YCB is established by Ministry of Ayush. The YCB certifies Yoga professionals under various levels and categories so that Yoga Professionals can select the level and category as per their skills and competencies. The competencies range from basic Yoga protocol to Yoga master, from assistant Yoga therapist to Yoga Therapy Consultant. This opens up the pathway to lot of job opportunities with the government offices, schools, colleges etc. YCB certificate holds value of the highest level when it come to job opportunities as a Yoga In India. One can work in the corporate sector by conducting wellness programs and can provide personal Yoga coaching or open their own yoga centre for children and healthy adults.
RYS means registered yoga school with yoga alliance USA means that your yoga school has an internationally accreditation. This opens a whole new range of opportunities. Check out if your yoga school is in the list of a registered yoga schools. Graduating from a yoga alliance accredited school, in future you will be register yourself with yoga alliance USA as RYT – Registered Yoga Teacher and become a teacher in Countries outside India as well.
The Yoga Institute, Santacruz is accredited by the Government of India (Ministry of AYUSH) and was the first Yoga school to be accredited after the AYUSH scheme was launched.”
If you register for the Teacher Training Course with The Yoga Institute, Chorao Island, Goa, at the end of the course the successful students will also be eligible to appear for the YCB (Level 1) certificate, conducted by the YCB (Yoga Certification Board- set up by the Ministry of AYUSH, GOI). Also, this is RYT 200 hour Yoga Teacher training course, fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance USA and the participant is eligible to apply on Yoga Alliance site as Register Yoga Teacher.
- Yoga Teacher Training Course offered should be a perfect amalgamation of theoretical knowledge and practical application. The course you choose to pursue should include aspects of Traditional Yoga example history of Yoga, the studies of principal Yoga Asanas, Pranayama’s, Meditation, Kriyas, Essentials of Anatomy, Philosophy etc. It should be something which guides you to find yourself.
At The Yoga Institute, Chorao Island, Goa 200-hrs TTC acts as a valuable ‘life school’ to those who are looking a balanced and fulfilled lives. The techniques, practices, methods and philosophies taught in the course will help each one to progress on the Yoga Journey. The Yoga Institute has done lots of research over the years and have simplified many techniques while ensuring that the essence of the asanas and its benefits are intact. The main motive behind such simplification was to come up with practical applications of the yogic concepts into our daily routines. At The Yoga Institute all the Teacher Training Courses are designed in such a manner that syllabus brings together a combination of Knowledge and Skill in their subjects for theoretical and practical training. The methods and techniques taught over here will help you to advance on the path of Yoga. They will also help in removing the cause of physical illness and mental hurdles. the Island life of The Yoga Institute Goa help you to take a pause and find yourself at this breath taking habitat.
- Always know the experience of the teaching faculty of the Institution you choose for the Teacher Training Courses. A teachers journey will show you how your journey can be. Institution may be the best and have the best to offer you from the courses but your yoga teacher directs your course; hence they need to be highly competent and knowledgeable about all yoga practice. Only an experienced yoga teacher can bring the best out of you. After successful completion of the course, with the proper guidance of the teacher the students will be well equipped to be able to teach yoga to others. To be able to spread the same joy, wisdom with others and transform lives. The faculty at The Yoga Institute, Goa comes with immense training and experience under their belt. The trainers are dedicated to sharing this knowledge with the students. They also teach the students unique techniques and concepts which are introduced by Shri Yogendraji, the Founder of the institute.
- It is a known fact that throughout the history of mankind, human beings have learned more times in contact with nature than enclosed within 4 walls. And, so checking the location of yoga school is one of the major determining factor in choosing the right Yoga School. The time we spend in a natural environment affects our global health (cognitive, emotional, social and physical).
The Yoga Institute in Goa offers an exotic island ambience along with its very well designed Teachers Training Course in India . It’s a heavenly and scenic place to discover oneself. The course here are designed to bring out the best in you with an empirical approach. The experiences that they gain from this Island life, can help them to thrive in their daily rapidly changing environment. Students evolve into well-equipped and skilled Yoga teachers, fully prepared to help others. The Yoga Institute provides them the knowledge and resources that we have gathered over more than 100 years. You can never find the calmness and peace that the island life has to offer you in the middle of the fast-paced city life. Explore the unseen elements of the Island life. Enjoying the healthy saatvik diet made by locally grown ingredients. Wake up to the pleasing sound of the birds chirping and enjoy bird watching at the Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary. Astonishing view of island animals can be enjoyed along with experiencing the rich and diverse Indian and Goan culture, while you enjoy your stay and 200 hour yoga teacher training course at The Yoga Institute Goa.
When a person embarks on a Yogic journey to self-discovery and training to teach others, they must engross themselves into the experience with complete determination, dedication and consistency. It is of utmost importance to receive holistic training that includes knowledge, methodology, grooming, and practical approach. The journey of becoming a yoga teacher should be fruitful and wholesome and such an experience will open doors to enlightenment, wisdom, peace and happiness. The Yoga Teacher Training Course at The Yoga Institute Chorao Island Goa is a basic and simple course for beginners, with or without prior yogic experience.