17 Oct Do You Want To Become A Yoga Instructor?
‘I go to Yoga class,’ is becoming a new trend these days. Everyone seems to be indulging in these ‘yoga classes’ and in a way that’s good as Yoga is making its way to each and every household. But have you ever had these thoughts in your mind where you feel like learning more about Yoga? Do you want to know more about the mechanism of the human body? Do you want to help and teach society as well? Are you ready to take your Yoga practice to a whole another level? Do you want to become a Yoga Instructor?
If any of these questions struck a chord with you, then that’s a definite sign that you are ready for your transformation from being a student to a Yoga Instructor! However, there are few things that you need to consider before joining any Teacher Training Course, as that will change your life, read on to know more:
- Find your purpose: The first and the foremost thing that you need to be sure of is to why do you want to become a Yoga Instructor, and what is your purpose behind it? Are you doing it because you are tired of your 9-5 job? Or is it because you want to have another source of income? Is it for the betterment of yourself and others around you? No matter what your reason is, you need to be sure about it, because becoming a Yoga Instructor and just undergoing the Teacher Training can be a life-changing experience. It won’t only change your perspective towards Yoga, but also towards people, environment, and life in general.
- Know your style: The next step would be to do thorough research on the same. There are different styles of Yoga that are being practiced all over the world. You need to narrow down on the style that you are the most comfortable with or interested in. Be it Ashtanga, Hatha, or Vinyasa, whatever your style is, you need to be sure about it.
- Resonate with a place: The third step is to find a Yoga school that teaches your style of Yoga. Study and know more about the place that you are keen on going to. If it helps, then try visiting the Institute as well. That way you will get a preview of what you are going to get into, plus, you can also understand the vibes and energy of that place. The energy of the Institute plays an important role in your learning. You need to be able to resonate with this space. You will be spending a lot of your time in this new space, so be very sure about which Institute you pick! A great Institute will help you to find your own Instructor that is within you, and lead you towards becoming the Instructor that you want to be.
- Accreditations: Once you have narrowed down to the Institute, find out more about it. What are the accreditations? Is the Institute recognized by the Ayush Ministry? How old is the Institute? What are the philosophies of this Institute? For example, The Yoga Institute is a 101-year-old Institute located in Santacruz, Mumbai. It is also recognized by the Government of India and is the first school to be accredited in the Ayush-QCI Scheme.
Try finding out more about your place of interest and only then go ahead with it.
- Syllabus: Another important factor that you need to consider is the syllabus. Find out what all are you going to be taught in the Institute. Does it contain everything that you want? Do the topics interest you? Ideally, a good Yoga Institute would teach you the history and background of Yoga, the anatomy and physiology of the human body, the eight limbs of Yoga, lesson planning, techniques, limitations, Indian scriptures, and a lot more! Make sure you go through the syllabus before enrolling yourself. This knowledge is going to stay with you forever, so make sure that it sparks some joy in you even before learning more about it!
Once you are sure about all of these things and have your answers with you, then wait no more! Come visit The Yoga Institute, attend a few classes, and we are sure that the positive environment of this Institute will definitely leave you wanting more!
Must Read: Top Reasons to Sign Up for a teacher training course in goa